Woodruff Early Childhood Center
3010 West 7th Street
Little Rock AR 72205
The Woodruff Early Childhood Center in the Little Rock School District provides a high-quality preschool program at no cost to parents. Woodruff Early Childhood Center uses a learning center approach which provides opportunity for children to engage in respectful interactions in a richly prepared environment with professionals available to help them develop socially, emotionally, academically, and physically.
Children must be three years old or four years old on or before August 1.
- Center Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 2:25 p.m.
- Child Care: 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. and 2:30 - 5:30 p.m.
- Registration: LRSD Student Registration Office, 501 Sherman St., 447-2950.
- Highly Qualified Personnel: Certified teachers and CDA-certified paraprofessionals in all classes at the Center.
- Required Enrollment Information: Preschool Supplemental Information Form, birth certificate, proof of income, health screening and immunization record.
- Special Curriculum Offerings: Physical education, music, art, computers and educational field trips.
TRANSPORTATION IS NOT PROVIDED.
During the summer of 2009, the building underwent a major renovation project which has resulted in an efficient, up-to-date school environment coupled with the charm and character of a traditional school setting. A new Early Childhood Wing houses the three and four-year-old program, which is the model of technology advancement.
Improvements to the school building include new carpeting and tile, painting to the building and new child friendly furnishings.
Playground improvements feature new equipment selected to meet the developmental needs of the Early Childhood students, as well as basketball courts and an exercise track. Billy Mitchell Boys and Girls Club facilities (located next to the school) are available for special events and after school child care is available to four-year-old students only.
* Classroom configured with 21st Century technology, including the Promethean ActivBoard.
* Focus teaching on the lastest early childhood teaching strategies and childhood development.
* Family atmosphere nurtured in a small school setting.
* Newly renovated facilities and playground equipment
* Located in a quiet neighborhood, one minute from I-630.
History: Woodruff opened in 1911. Named in honor of William E. Woodruff, founder of the Arkansas Gazette newspaper. Woodruff school has provided a rich heritage of educational experiences to many generations of Little Rock students.
Tops: Any color polo shirt with collar
Pants/skirts: Khaki or navy pants, shorts, skirts, jumpers or "skorts"
Shoes: Tennis shoes with Velcro straps or slip-on, but no lace-up shoes, Crocs, clogs or sandals please.
Partners in Education:
- State Farm Insurance Company
- University of Arkansas Medical Sciences (UAMS)
- Capitol View - Stifft Station Neighborhood Association
- Centennial Bank-Riverdale
- Emmanuel Baptist Church