4901 Western Hills
Little Rock AR 72204
Western Hills is a campus where teachers, students and parents work enthusiastically to bring academic and athletic honors to the school. Instructional leaders believe positive citizenship and an enjoyable atmosphere are just as important as standardized test scores.
Western Hills has extracurricular activities on campus that include Quiz Bowl, Mathathletes, intramural basketball, intramural cheerleading, Little Rock Kids Marathon, National PTA Reflections Arts Contest, NW Regional Art Competition, Young Arkansas Artist Competition, spelling bee, B.A.N.D. and choir.
Students are also very involved in community outreach projects that benefit the Rice Depot, St. Jude's Hospital in Memphis (Mathathon) Children With Cancer (Heavenly Hats), The Heart Association (Jump Rope for Heart and Hoops for Hearts), etc.
- Renaissance Reader - Second grade is the starting point for our highly successful supplementary reading program. After reading literature on each individual level, students are challenged to demonstrate comprehension by mastering a computer-generated test. Student progress is measured and maintained to show signs of success and progression to higher literacy levels.
- Compass Learning - All classes participate in this computer centered program.
- National Elementary Honor Society - As the holder of the 7th National Elementary Honor Society Charter in the United States and the only National Elementary Honor Society in the Little Rock School District, Western Hills is very proud of students who exhibit the best of Honor Society qualities: Scholarship, Leadership, Responsibility and Service.
- Active Parent Teacher Association - The Western Hills PTA has sent parents and staff to the National PTA convention for several years. Please see the PTA page for more information.
History: Western Hills Elementary School was opened in 1966 and renovations were made in 1991. The school is situated on 14 acres which is surrounded by trees. The school sits on a hill overlooking the playground.
- Solid white, navy blue, or red shirts.
- Long or short sleeve polo style shirts with collar
- white dress shirt/blouse with collar or red, white or navy turtleneck shirts
- Shirts should be made of polyester, poly cotton blend, or 100% cotton
- Sweaters/sweatshirts should be the same colors as above, and can be crewneck, V-neck, cardigan or Western Hills logo sweatshirt.
- A collared shirt must be worn under the sweater/sweatshirt.
- Navy or kaiki slacks, shorts, skirts, jumpers or skorts make up the rest of the uniform.
- Due to PE classes, girls should wear a pair of shorts underneath a skirt or jumper.
- Black, brown or white shoes are preferred.
Partners in Education:
- Deb's Market
- Romano's Macaroni Grill
- Mid-Town Health Alliance
- Westwood Neighborhood Association