4901 Western Hills
Little Rock AR 72204
Principal: Teresa Richardson
PTA President: Brandi Davison-Smith
Grade Levels: pre-3 - 5
Western Hills is a campus where teachers, students and parents work enthusiastically to bring academic and athletic honors to the school. Instructional leaders believe positive citizenship and an enjoyable atmosphere are just as important as standardized test scores.
Western Hills has extracurricular activities on campus that include Quiz Bowl, intramural and district-wide basketball, intramural and district-wide cheerleading, Little Rock Kids Marathon, National PTA Reflections Arts Contest, Regional Art Competition, Young Arkansas Artist Competition, spelling bee, community garden, B.A.N.D. and choir. Eagle B.A.N.D. has participated in Artistry in the Rock since its inception.
Students are also very involved in community outreach projects that benefit the Rice Depot, St. Jude's Hospital in Memphis, Children With Cancer, The Heart Association (Jump Rope for Heart and Hoops for Hearts), etc.
We have an active PTA that supports the needs of our students and teachers. Please join our PTA and make a difference for our school!
History: Western Hills Elementary School was opened in 1966 and renovations were made in 1991. The school is situated on 14 acres which is surrounded by trees. The school sits on a hill overlooking the playground.
- SHIRTS: solid white, navy blue, or red
- Long or short sleeve polo style shirts with collar
- White dress shirt/blouse with collar or red, white or navy turtleneck shirts
- SWEATERS/SWEATSHIRTS: solid white, navy blue, or red and can be crew neck, V-neck, cardigan or Western Hills logo sweatshirt. (red, white, or navy blue shirt with collar or turtleneck must be worn under sweater/sweatshirt)
- PANTS: solid navy blue or khaki slacks, pleated or plain front with belt or elastic waist. (No cargo pants; no sagging)
- SHORTS: solid navy blue or khaki; walking shorts with plain or pleated front with belt or elastic waist. (No more than three inches above or below the knee and no cargo shorts)
- SKIRTS or SKORTS: solid navy blue or khaki; pleated, A-line or full skirt. (No more than three inches above or below the knee)
- STANDARD JUMPER: solid navy blue or khaki
- BELTS: Brown, black, navy or neutral belts must be worn with shorts, pants, and skorts that have belt loops (Pre-K and Kindergarten only exceptions)
- SOCKS/TIGHTS: red, white or blue socks or tights must be worn
- SHOES: basic white or black athletic shoes (No large logos or wild stripes) Black, brown or navy dress shoes (No sandals, flip flops, mules, slings, clogs, high-heels, boots, crocs or lights in shoes)
- Due to PE classes, girls should wear a pair of shorts underneath a skirt or jumper.
Partners in Education:
- First Tee of Central Arkansas
- Pulaski County Extension
- Westwood Neighborhood Association
- Relyance Bank
- Macaroni Grill