Chicot Early Childhood Center
11100 Chicot Road
Mabelvale, Arkansas 72103
Early Childhood Coordinator: E. Yvonne Jones
PTA President: Olympia Johnson
Chicot Early Childhood Center in the Little Rock School District provides a high-quality preschool program at no cost to parents. Chicot Early Childhood Center uses a learning center approach which provides opportunity for children to engage in respectful interactions in a richly prepared environment with professionals available to help them develop socially, emotionally, academically and physically.
History of Chicot Early Childhood Center (ECC): Chicot ECC was opened in 2008 as an addition of the larger K-5 elementary school. In 2013, it was recognized as a separate center from the elementary school. Chicot ECC has 12 pre-kindergarten classes, seven 4-year old classrooms and five 3-year old classrooms. All teachers are high-qualified with degrees in early childhood education and all pre-k aides are CDA credentialed or in process of credentialing.
Qualifications to attend Chicot Early Childhood Center: Children must be three years old or four years old on or before August 1. Parent or guardian must provide transportation.
• Required Enrollment information:
o Preschool Supplemental Information Form
o Birth Certificate
o Proof of Income
o Up-to-Date Health Screening and Immunization Record
o Contact LRSD Student Registration Office, 501 Sherman St., 447-2950
Center Hours of Operations
• Center Hours: 7:30am- 2:25pm
• Breakfast in the Classroom: 7:30am -7:40am
• LRSD before and after school Care Program: 447-1880
• Care Program Availability: 7:00am-7:30am and 2:25pm-5:30pm
Uniforms are highly encouraged:
• Tops: Polo shirt with collar (any color)
• Pants/Skirts: Khaki or navy
• Shoes: Tennis shoes with Velcro straps or slip-ons, preferably no lace strings. No crocs, clogs, or sandals.
Chicot Early Childhood Center Highlights:
• Developmentally appropriate research-based curriculum design
• Focus teaching on the latest early childhood teaching strategies and childhood development
• Focus on Arkansas Early Childhood Frameworks and Standards for learning
• Model Site for Conscious Discipline strategies used in developing the social and emotional well-being of children and providing parents with helpful strategies to nurture that growth.
Partners in Education:
Dee Brown Library
Arkansas State University Childhood Services
Longley Baptist Church
The mission of the Chicot Early Childhood Center staff is to provide a structured and supported learning atmosphere which will fulfill the needs of the whole child by fostering a safe, nurturing and comfortable learning environment that will prepare children to become responsible, productive, life-long learners.